University of Tennessee Stokely Athletic Center & Gibbs Hall
EAI performed asbestos abatement of the former athletic facility/indoor track prior to the demolition of the facilities. The scope of work included abatement of structural fireproofing (>150,000 square feet), thermal system insulation (>15,000 LF), floor tile/mastic (approx. 50,000 square feet) as well as the removal of bulbs, ballast and mercury switches.
Uniqueness aspects of the project included:
- Integrate decked scaffolding system accessing the fireproofing adhered to structural columns
- Elaborate containment system enveloping the designated work areas
- Extensive interior CMU all demolition to access structural members/ fireproofing
- Extensive demolition to access thermal system piping (elevated & below grade)
- Completion of project 3 weeks ahead of schedule